Chapter closed

Impromptu, persuasive, demonstrative speeches are all done now. I should be leaping with joy. But somehow i feel a bit nostalgic. Probably because of the involuntary flashback of the past.

I remembered when i had my first public speaking class. Nerdy, quiet and shy, i am one of those people who attended the lecture class with my first uni friends, Tracy and an Indian girl whose name i already forgotten (paiseh). Just like any freshmen, we sat in the front rows and attended our very first lecture class and meet our very first lecturer, Mr Kuru.

I still remembered my very first public speaking assignment where i fumbled frequently with my words and where nervousness almost killed me. It wasnt fun. It was stress like hell. And i wasnt really comfortable with my topic and yet i have to pull through because there's marks involved.

My second presentation was worst. It was perhaps the most horrible presentation in my experience so far. I didnt practice, wasnt ready, and read from my slides. Mr Kuru was not happy. And so was i. I felt extreme regret. Cant help but keep thinking that I should have done better.

But i was glad to be given a second chance although the fear of public speaking comes first. It wasnt easy as you are constantly reminded of your poor presentation the last time and at the same time trying your hardest to perfect it. I fumbled a lot during impromptu and make frequent pauses. And i had to have cough on that day. Funny, i remembered i had cough too during my very first speech in foundation.

Oh well, at least this time i managed to set things right and proper. And i was very happy that i survived this course. Not the half-heartedly survival but the full, satisfied, proud survival.

***

Another good news is taipoh is back in town. It's just not the same without the old lady. Days without the office cleaner make me feel incomplete. Finally, she's back. But that doesnt mean she be spared from the how-many-months-of-not-banging-her. Still, i just glad that she's back.

***

I had finally put a proper closure to the whole issue. I am still feeling rather sad but content. At least i managed to voice out my thoughts. And i really glad that he fully understands the whole situation now. Things will not be the same as before. But i believe things will be better from now on. Let time play its part.

For now, this chapter is closed.

As for tomorrow, another chapter will begin.

2 Boos:

wawa said...

hahaha..
finally finish our public speaking subject..
nightmare ah...

booboo said...

yalah...

we all got 2 nightmares somemore

foundation once, degree once...

lol